Top 10 Tuesday: 10 Things I Should Be Reading Right Now, and I’m Not (Even Though I SWEAR I Want to).
Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
Hey! So, this is ~rlprotagonist, now ~jamesleahgdi. And here’s my TTT about things I should be reading that I’m not (even though I really do want to!!) + BONUS: What I’m actually reading RIGHT THIS SECOND.
- THE BOOKSELLER MAGAZINE I subscribed to this magazine around the time I decided that For Real, I’m Going To Do My Masters in Publishing. So.. March this year, maybe? I freaking love it (seeing the top charts of what books have sold this week & how much is especially fascinating), but for some reason I’ve just.. fallen behind. And now I have three magazines to catch up on + the buyer’s guides. OOPS?
- ALL THE BLOGS THAT ARE UP FOR THE 2019 BLOGGER AWARDS SO THAT I CAN VOTE BEFORE… JULY 31, ha. ha. ha.
- ELNA CAIN’S WRITETO1K.COM COURSE So I recently decided that FUCK IT I want to write for money. And I used some of my Tax Refund money to buy Elna’s course. What I’ve read so far is hoenstly really really helpful, and I’m not sure why I’ve not sped through more of it yet… legit, it’s quite probably because I REALLY REALLY WANT TO.. and therefore am putting it off. This is legit a thing that happens sometimes with me and I can not explain why.
- FAT IS A FEMINIST ISSUE – SUSIE ORBACH I picked this up a couple of weeks ago because the title was just really arresting and way pertinent to me as someone who .. is fat and a feminist. It’s honestly been #mindblown and I’m like 75% through and IDK why I’ve stalled???
- NEUROTRIBES: THE LEGACY OF AUTISM AND THE FUTURE OF NEURODIVERSITY – STEVE SILBERMAN This book is super interesting but also reallllllllly dense and emotionally heavy so I’ve read… 3 chapters.. in.. several months. This is a library book that I should.. probably return and come back to in the future.
- AND THEN THERE WERE CROWS (SHADES OF HELL, #1) – ALCY LEVYA I need to read this book FAST because… I have an ARC for the 2nd in the series and the publication date is.. today, hahaha. It looks like it’s going to be a quick, fun read, though!
GROUPINGS OF BOOKS
- ARCS #hahahahahahahahahahaha. But I’ve heard of this thing called #ARCAugust that I’m thinking of using to smash through a bunch of my ARCs? Is anyone else doing this?
- LIBRARY BOOKS … I check out library books I want partially to control my urge to actually buy books, and also use my mum’s library card so I have 30+ books checked out right now.
- BORROWED BOOKS FROM MY AUTISTIC SUPPORT GROUP More books I’m Really Invested In, and Haven’t Opened Yet.
- THE 200+ BOOKS I ALREADY OWN THAT I HAVE NOT YET READ. This post is basically just hysterical laughter all around and I think you all know why.
WHAT I’M ACTUALLY READING RIGHT NOW
- JUST FINISHED READING The Culture Map. It was a reread as part of a mini-bookclub, and though I still really liked it, some comments from my friend Beks may be decide to 4 star it instead of 5. It gave me a lot of feels as an autistic person, so I’m thinking of doing a review of it with Autistic Impressions like I did for The Kingdom.
- CURRENTLY READING The Fall and Rise: The Story of 9/11. It’s incredibly well-written, and I’ve been reading it with a constant lump in my throat, but I’m so so glad I picked it up.